Vail is now offering another great option for students needing credit recovery — online summer school! Check out attached information to get back on track this summer.
All classes held at the Vail Innovation Center
10775 East Mary Ann Cleveland Way
- Summer session begins on May 30th and goes through July 11th.
- Students may take up to 3 half credits during the summer session.
- Registration is due to the school bookstore by May 18th. Please register online through https://summer.vailschooldistrict.org and make any cash or check payments to the school bookstore.
- Registration after May 18th, may delay your start time for summer school.
Potential Online Course Offerings:
- Freshman Physics A & B
- English 3 A & B
- Algebra 2 A & B
- Biology A & B
- English 4 A & B
- World History A & B
- English 1 A & B
- Algebra 1 A & B
- US History A & B
- English 2 A & B
- Geometry A & B
- Government A & B
AzMerit and Final Exams:
Students who are completing a grade 9-11 ELA or Math credit during summer school must take the corresponding AzMerit exam for their course in order to receive credit.
AzMerit ELA Testing Dates:
- June 13th and June 14th or
- June 27th and June 28th or
- July 10th and July 11th
AzMerit Math Testing Dates:
- June 14th, June 28th or July 11th
Students not requiring AzMerit must take their final exam in person on one of the following dates:
- June 5th, 7th,, 12th, 14th, 19th, 21st, 26th, 28th or July 11th
- $85.00 per half credit. Make checks payable to Vail School District. ($25 fee assessed on returned check.)
- Scholarships are available in extreme circumstances. You must contact your school administrator by May 16th for approval.
- On testing dates or in-person tutoring, please bring your own lunch. The cafeteria will not be available.
- In-person tutoring will be available one day each week, either Tuesday or Thursday, according to each teacher’s schedule. Teachers are available to meet with students to work on assignments, clarify work and concepts, etc…
- Tutoring dates will be communicated as students register.
- VAHS, Pantano, Empire, Cienega, Andrada, VBL, VDLP and any out of district students may enroll.
- All classes are recovery courses and may not be taken for credit acceleration.
- Any/all discipline problems are grounds for immediate dismissal with no refund. (i.e. fighting, insubordination, illegal substances, disruptive behavior, etc.)
- Busing will be provided on May 30th, 31st and all AzMerit testing dates.
- Contact your school’s front office for a copy of Summer School bus routes.
- Summer School grades will be on your official high school transcripts.
- Students are not allowed to leave campus for lunch. Student time logs will be maintained each day that students attend.
- Spots are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Print or view the following forms:
Call or email @ 879.1863, email email@example.com.