Following please find information about registration and enrollment at the various schools in our district. If you have questions about your child’s specific school, please contact the principal or registrar of his/her school. If you are unsure what school your child (K-8) is designated to attend, please check the attendance boundaries. If your child is in high school, please see the information below for more information about the school selection process.
- Certified copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- Current immunization record. Click here for the Arizona School Immunization Requirements. Additional information can be found here.
- Proof of Residency showing you reside within the District’s boundaries. The attached form must be completed and submitted with one proof of residence in the name and address from each section below.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license, AZ identification card or motor vehicle registration
- Valid US Passport
- W-2 wage statement (recent)
- Current payroll stub with address (P.O. Box is not acceptable)
- Certificate of tribal enrollment or other identification issued by a recognized Indian tribe that contains and Arizona address
- Documentation from a state, tribal or federal government agency (Social Security Administration, Veteran’s Administration, Arizona Department of Economic Security).
- Real estate deed or mortgage documents
- Property tax bill
- Residential lease or rental agreement
- Water, electric, gas, cable or phone bill
- Bank or credit card statement
The Vail School District accepts open enrollment applications from parents wishing to have their child attend a Vail school outside their attendance area and for parents from other school districts wishing to have their child considered for enrollment in a Vail school. Information from the superintendent regarding procedures, policies, and application materials are attached below.
A child evaluated and recommended for special services for a disability and who has reached his/her third birthday, may be admitted to preschool.
For admission to kindergarten, children must be five years of age prior to September 1 of the current school year.
Children may be admitted to first grade who are six years of age or shall be six years of age if they reach such age prior to September 1 of the current school year.
The Vail School District is proud to offer a unique and exciting opportunity for students K-1 to learn a foreign language.
The Vail School District has a “school choice” philosophy at the high school level. As such, you may enroll your child in the school that fits your child’s individual needs best (dependent on space availability). Please contact Pam Scanlon at email@example.com or 520.879.3982.